Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Interview☺☻

This week we had to interview a family member, mentor, or friend about their lives with the questions listed in week 5. I chose to interview my mother.


I chose to interview her because I have heard stories from when she was growing up and learned that my life is very different from hers. I wanted to get more into detail about her childhood, growing up with 13 brothers and sisters, always moving. It is so different from when my siblings and I were growing up I wanted to compare the two.


My mother grew up in the projects. When hearing this I think of how you view the projects now, but she says it is the complete opposite. She said it was more family friendly and she met a lot of people from there. Played with a lot of the neighborhood kids. I always thought she grew up in a house, one single house not multiple places.




What I learned from the interview was that my mom has truly gone through many things during her life. More then what these questions could have answered. Sure I learned some financial tips and how to donate to organizations, but I also learned of how much she went through as a child. And how I wish that no other child has to struggle the way her family did. It really help me to go deeper into my cause, I am now thinking of joining a summer program that works with children.


No comments:

Post a Comment