Wednesday, March 13, 2013

MAD Experience♥



After doing the MAD activity I've realized all the cards I picked had to do with helping someone one-on-one. I already knew that I loved to help others, but after to day it was more toward children. Now I see that I actually might want to look into jobs that work with children more than with adults. I like to help everyone, but for some reason I have more patients, and connect more with children.
I also learned a lot about my partner. I did not realize that she was very into religion and art. I knew she was catholic, I just did not realize she had a close relationship with god. I also to my surprise realized she really loves art. She believes any form of art is the perfect way to express yourself in a healthy manner.

What I hope to gain from participating in the Main Street Philanthropy Program is not only the accomplishing feeling of helping someone, but many doors opening. My mentor always says,"its not about what you know but who you know".I believe after completing this program I will meet many people who could help me in the future, as well as I could help them. Ultimately, I am very excited. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment